- This event has passed.
The first IndoUSrare Annual Kids Art Contest, ART4RARE 2021, on the theme ‘All Things Rare’
About this event
IndoUSrare presents ART4RARE 2021, our first Annual Kids Art Contest.
Theme: All Things Rare (e.g: Rare plants, Animals, Events, Abstract)
Calling on kids everywhere to show off their artistic talents to raise awareness about Rare Diseases, and a chance to win attractive prizes.
- 6 years and under
- 7 to 10 years
- 11 to 15 years
About the Event:
- The deadline for submissions is 25 February, 2021.
- ART4RARE is an entirely virtual/online event.
- Kids or their parents submit the art via a web form that will be sent by email to those who complete the online registration process.
- All ART4RARE participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Contest Winners will be announced by Rare Disease Patient Advocate Guest Speakers at the #RDDIndoUSrare event on Feb 28, 2021, at 10 am EST (Free registration required)
What are Rare Diseases?
A disease is considered rare if it affects fewer than 200,000 people in the USA or 500,000 people in India. There are over 7000 named rare diseases that collectively affect over 350 Million people worldwide making them as common as diabetes. Over 80% of rare diseases are genetic and 50% affected are children. Rare patients face unique challenges ranging from difficulties in diagnosis, non-existence of therapies and cures, to lack of social and government support. It takes an average of 7 years to get a diagnosis. Only 5% of rare diseases have treatments.
The advent of gene therapies and incentives in the development of orphan drugs has led the once-neglected field of rare diseases to become a thriving and exciting area for research, accelerating diagnosis and finding therapies. It is a vibrant and interdisciplinary field that builds upon shared core resources and services to tap into the commonalities among the thousands of rare diseases.
28 February is Rare Disease Day – a day in support of the millions of people who live with rare diseases across the globe. World over, there are events with the main goal of raising awareness among the general public and decision-makers about rare diseases and their impact on patients’ lives.
IndoUSrare invites submissions from children all over the globe for the first-ever Annual Kids Art Contest, ART4RARE 2021.
This year’s theme is “All things Rare“. Artwork submitted should represent something rare – it could be a rare or exotic flower, plant or animal, a rare event like a comet, a rare geological formation, or an abstract artwork representing “RARE”.
Feel free to unleash the inner artist in you, for a good cause.
Let’s Roar for Rare!!
- Check Guidelines
- The submission must be original work by the participant for ART4RARE which has not been published elsewhere. It should not be a replica of another person’s art.
- The instructions (the webform details) for submission will be emailed to you once you purchase the Eventbrite ticket.
- Art (Sketches, Drawings, or paintings) can be of any medium (Pencil, Crayons, Acrylic, Oil, or watercolor).
- The size of the artwork image should be either 8 x10 inches or 10 x12 inches.
- Please include a title for your artwork.
- Please prepare a one-paragraph description (400 words) about your artwork to be filled in during submission. You can describe here how you feel your submission fits into the theme of the contest.
- The artwork created should be uploaded using the submission form as a PDF, jpg, or png file.
- The uploaded file size should not exceed 10 MB.
- Name your file as follows: ‘Title of the artwork_Artist Full Name _ART4RARE2021‘
- All participants must upload the filled in and signed Digital Release Form at the time of submission, expressing consent that the submission may be used by IndoUSrare for display on our website, social media, etc.
- Please note that IndoUSrare reserves the right to reject any submission without notice. This could be for reasons such as non-payment of fees and submission which are not as per guidelines.
IndoUSrare is a non-profit 501(C)(3) public charity organization on a mission to accelerate affordable orphan therapies for rare diseases by catalyzing cross-border collaborations between stakeholders of rare diseases in the USA and India. https://www.indousrare.org